The online javadocs for 1.4 have been updated to 1.4.r1380. Use the pull down from the "Documentation" menu or use the direct link below:
jNetPcap 1.4: javadocs
Sigtran SCTP Protocol: javadocs
jNetPcap 1.4 is a development release, so please use and test out the SIP, SCTP protocol changes. Once the changes and new features are confirmed and tested, I will update 1.3 with bug fixes and put 1.4 and release "beta" version of 1.4 on our way to production status.
Another quick 1.4 update. To download: click here
Main purpose of 1.4.r1380 was to fix still a few more Sip issues. Sip is working much better in 1.3.r1380.
An update to jNetPcap 1.4 has been released.
Note: - there is an important update to user-guide (section 5.5.1) on how to create binding to
Most of the bugs fixed in 1.4 are also relevant in release 1.3. Release 1.3 will be updated in a few weeks after all the changes that have been made to 1.4 have been verified as working correctly. After this latest batch of bugs is verified, those same changes will be reapplied on version 1.3 with the exception of new features and protocols.
Here is a quick update on status of jNetPcap 1.4. Here are some of the things I have been working on for a few weeks now:
1) Numerous bug fixes. About 20 different bugs in RTP, SIP, HTTP, TCP and more have been fixed. (see https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=164277&atid=831083 for details)
2) Several new protocols: Added SCTP, NullHeader (loopback/Null DLT), RTCP. Also added skeleton first cut at Diameter (in the tests/java1.5 source tree).
3) Several improvements of existing features: JFormatter enhancements that handle more output styles and now any array of any previous style type is handled generically. For example complex objects can simply implement at toString() method and will neatly be organized in array-style-output.
4) Added new features:
- JPacket.hasAnyHeader(long mask) and JPacket.hasAllHeaders(long mask)
You can now manipulate numerical protocol IDs as bitmasks that can be combined (ORed/ANDed) to check for existence of 1 or more protocols in a single check.
- Fully documented and every feature implemented SCTP protocol has been added
- Fully documented and RFC3550 compliant RTCP protocol has been added